Wednesday, September 12, 2012

another milestone

I just "ran" up the stairs for the first time in months.  :-D  I confess -- there wasn't as much bounce in my bound as there was before i hurt my knee last winter, but the point is, i FELT like running up the stairs and i made it up them in fewer seconds than usual.

Tyrosine, i sing thy praises!  I'm taking a gram every morning, and another half in the early afternoon. It's probably sharing the glory for my excellent fat-burning these days with carnitine, but the energy and verve i credit principally to the T.

And we know that when our energetic systems are working properly we WANT to move.  I'm coming to believe that the laws of physics need just as much paraphrasing as those of thermodynamics, when it comes to biological applications -- you know, the one that says "a body at rest tends to stay at rest unless acted upon by an outside force" is the one i mean.  Uh, it ain't outside.  And the "inside force" that's inclining me to move more nowadays isn't the force of my will.

2 comments: