Friday, August 10, 2012

interrupting myself

Mercury has turned direct again, so a lot of the delays and misunderstandings of the past month should be unraveling.  :-D   I look forward to better internet-connectivity -- it's been HORRIBLE recently.

Boys and girls, i did it -- while out looking for an attachment for my meat-grinder (to allow me to stuff breakfast-sized sausage casings), i tried on and bought a pair of Vibram FiveFingers!  They're on my feet right now, and feel great on the stairs (good tread); i look forward to walking the dog while wearing them, too.  I'm always tempted to walk Spense barefooted, even though it's not very advisable to do in the city.  Look strange, though....

I was overawed to see that Jimmy Moore included me in his list for August!  I feel like a real live grown-up now.  ;-)  I also feel a little immodest though, because i suspect it wouldn't have happened if i hadn't "tooted my own horn" on Mark's site....  Somebody had mentioned the Little House foodways right after i had posted on it, and i'm afraid i couldn't resist.  Anyhow, my thanks go to Jimmy!

While we were out, i also picked up some L-carnitine.  I was reading up on it yesterday, and it sounds like it might be worthwhile.  I know, i know -- "theoretically" it isn't advisable for hypothyroids, but i found the arguments weak in the face of the experiences clinicians have with it.  I'll keep you posted....

10 comments:

  1. ah, but arrived WHERE? ;-)

    (this doesn't mean i have to behave myself now, does it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope the tone doesn't change now that you have a wider readership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can help a lot of readers Tess. Your blog is awesome! J doesnt just list any ole blog you know. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ...lol -- me help people? i always thought my mission in life was to corrupt others. ;-) when i lived in Utah, i was proud of getting the nice Mormon ladies of my acquaintance to drink what we called Tessaritas....

      Delete
  4. lol -- i'll certainly TRY to remain "myself" anyway! :-) i would have thought, i'm too old to change ... unless i really want to!

    it would only be fun to have a wider readership if it's because they like what they've seen already, and if they like it, surely they're "one of us" .... i've always said there are two kinds of people in the world, "them" and "us". the more "us" people around, the bigger the party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I promised myself I wouldnt blather today but.....oh well!....the way I see the split is predominently left vs right brained folks. One isnt better than the other, just left brainers are more apt to question and not follow the status quo. They're less prone to drama and such, not immune, just standard trajectories. My kind of party Id say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) if forced to define "them" and "us" more descriptively, i couldn't do it.... you could be right about the left/right thing, though innate self-value and sense of humor are an important part of the mix. a certain amount of nerdiness has to be in there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree! It's nice to be in blogging community with others on the same path. We are stronger together. Glad I found your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you're here! :-) i think that the more of us who share our experiences, the easier it is to find a WOE that's a perfect fit for each.

      Delete