Tuesday, October 2, 2012

still recovering

I had the guts to get on the scale this morning.  EEEEEEK!!!

Yep, i did worse than i thought, last week.  Noting i STILL have a little inflammation in my bad knee today, after two days of proper eating, i expect i can count on losing a bit more water.  But i'm rather shocked.  My servings of carbage were not many!  One evening i turned one baked potato into a twice-baked half for each of us; one lunch we shared some fries; one lunch i had some rings; one supper had moderate rice and corn.  Other dinners featured low-carb veggies like red cabbage, mushrooms and spaghetti squash.

But it just goes to show how VERY carbohydrate-sensitive some of us can be!  I'm going to have to figure out how to resist side-dishes when we go out for meals -- it's not like there are ANY innocent options in some places!

2 comments:

  1. Eating out can be tricky. I end up relying on a safe cut of meat and a salad with oil and vinegar. Or a Cobb salad without dressing or croutons.

    I'm super carb sensitive as well. Sometimes, if I know there are no good choices, I'll choose a more friendly option and eat before I go. Good luck. I'm sure by tweaking your diet quickly, you'll get back to where you want to be. Quick reversal is key-IMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) yes, and it's encouraging that a lot of places replace the carby side with a salad without argument. they get tiresome after awhile, though. one local place had a killer home-made garlic cottage cheese -- and then they discontinued it! grrrrr....

    ReplyDelete