Saturday, April 14, 2012

tra-la-la

I get the impression that, while i've been tied up with other concerns this week, it may have been equally busy (plus contentious) in the blogosphere....  While i'm sorry to have missed any "fun" there was to be found, i can't say i would have enjoyed participating in the debates.  :-)

Obviously, i have a lot to catch up on -- including my own kitchen affairs.  My guests weren't crazy about the roasted okra (which I LOVE, from "Paleo Comfort Foods") or jerusalem artichokes, which means i have quite a lot of leftovers to finish.  ...Brown bananas to make into bread, and freeze.  What they didn't use of my first gallon of raw milk from my new supplier, will become cottage cheese, because i need the whey!  (Next week's supply will be converted to kefir.)  When i finish here, i'll go straight to the basement refrigerator and bring up a capon i bought and didn't have time to cook -- it'll be food for DAYS.  The rest of the heavy cream will take the place of butter in my diet this week; Atkins green-peppercorn cream sauce will be great on the poultry! 

Well, better get back to "reality"....

2 comments:

  1. hey, I am still cleaning up after company, but the good news is they had a costco card so I stocked up on salmon and grass-fed beef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grass-fed beef at Costco? i need to become a member! :-) i usually get mine from local folks at the Tower Grove farmers' market, although Schnucks has a few things -- well, at least they have ground beef....

    bless 'em, my guests were tidy, so the only cleaning up i have to do is wash towels and sheets, and finish a few leftovers!

    ReplyDelete