Monday, April 16, 2012

frightening activity turns out well

Yep, you guessed it -- i'm referring to stepping on the bathroom scale this morning, for the first time in over a week.  ;-)  I anticipated MUCH worse than i observed:  i didn't lose ground.

Considering the concentrated evil i committed during the week, this is astonishing.  My activity level must have made up for ALL THIS:  sweet-potato fries (Molly's), crisps at McGurk's, half a "baby bridie" and chips at the Scottish Arms*, risotto at Lombardo's, one-and-a-half onion rings and a half-dozen corn chips (Square One)....  Also (home-made) potato salad, mashed Japanese sweet potato, a handful of cocktails, and wickedly-good appetizers made by my dear neighbor INCLUDING (hanging my head in shame) a bruschetta....  Yeah, we whooped it up perty guid (have i mentioned, i lived in Texas for over a decade?) last week.  :-)

Anpwt has smiled upon me, forgiving my dietary sins in return for my good intentions in entertainment!

And my representative-of-St.-Louis restaurants didn't let me down!  We sat on patios in the beautiful weather and soaked up the spring sunshine, till the April showers came and we sat inside (oops -- i left out the Hardshell Cafe's rice-laced dishes).

But we walked all over at Cahokia and the Mount Pleasant winery, as well as incidental walking in other places, and up-and-down my staircases countless times. 

My guests seemed to enjoy everything, and were terrifically good sports.  Come back soon, girls!

***
SPECIAL commendation to the S.A. -- even though haggis has been removed from the lunch menu, Lisa ardently wanted to try theirs and the kitchen agreed to do it!  THIS attitude is what takes me back to businesses again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment