Monday, May 12, 2014

methylation cycle

In my search for improved health and energy, I started using van Konynenburg's simplified protocol to improve function of the methylation cycle.  When time permits, I try to read more on the subject;  I finally bought a book by Dr. Amy Yasko, "Feel Good Nutrigenomics." 

My review?  Don't bother -- go straight to her website and download (free) "Autism:  Pathways to Recovery."  She had professional writing help, which looks like it removed a lot of the stuff in the nutrigenomics work which made it so hard for me to read -- stuff like using the word "tenant" where she should have used "tenet" -- one of my pet peeves!  Little things like that drive my OCD brain frantic!

It helps that I got my SNPs analyzed at 23andMe.  I'm assured, as I merely suspected before, that my methylation is out-to-lunch -- i'm MTHFRed bigtime!  ;-) 

I had already started using methyl-B12 long before any of the other supplements, so I didn't accidentally get things out of sequence (see what I wrote earlier about "doing it wrong" and understand how easily I could have been one of the wrong-doers...).  The B-Right supplement was just what I needed, when I needed it.  And the mega-glutathione!!!  OMG, it was the best thing that happened to me since Iodoral -- I started feeling better the same afternoon!

Well, today I just started reading the autism book, and my SAMe supplement also arrived in the mail -- I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be as Rick said at the end of "Casablanca" -- the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment