Saturday, February 4, 2012

more indulgence and a postulation

I gotta get back home before i do something (dietary) i'll regret!  ;-) 

Actually, i wasn't THAT bad last night, and i HAD good intentions (in the absence of sake, i was going to drink a white wine spritzer when we met friends for drinks yesterday evening; who would have thought the barmaid was so incompetent that she couldn't make one).  I DID have one or two glasses of wine more than i should have.  I DIDN'T have any of the wicked appetizers everyone else was eating.  I ordered a steak (came too well-done, sent it back, and got one that was a little less overdone than the first), which came with mashed potatoes, of which i probably ate less than a quarter-cup.

Woke up at 3am -- this was the first time i've done THAT in quite awhile.  Took some benedryl and went back to sleep.  "Slept hot" again (wine!).  After i got up, i felt the need of more benedryl -- whether i should blame the damp weather or the wine, i don't know.  Looks like i should drink only sake till it dries out, then try chardonnay again. 

I find this interesting -- i hadn't thought that white wine might be an allergen for me....  I suspected red, but not white.  This could be significant for weight loss.

Today, i'll be "more good."  I put a rump roast in the crockpot, and when it's barely done i'll slice it thinly, make a gravy from the drippings, and put it in the oven to tenderize.  The two humongo artichokes will be done by my daughter's recipe, and i'll probably make a cauliflower mash to go along with it.  :-)  Sounds pretty good, huh?

Incidentally, the banana bread recipe from "Paleo Comfort Foods" turned out great.  Amazing, with no added sweetener besides the very-ripe bananas!  My daughter, who clings to a reduced-carb version of a low-cal diet, calculated how fattening she should consider it, and it came out a lot more innocent than the Atkins zucchini bread recipe.  I don't have any nut-butter on hand here, to spread on it, and i haven't added real butter back in, but the bread is so moist it doesn't really need "lubricating."

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your dinner sounds quite good! And mmmmmm banana bread...I'll take it low carb or high. Mmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete