Friday, February 10, 2012

convinced!

<sigh...>

I repeated the "trial of the boxed chardonnay" -- and he's been declared GUILTY.  Also, it seems likely that he had accessories to his crimes.

For brunch yesterday, my big bacon-and-egg scramble was accompanied by about a quarter of a cup of grapefruit juice.  Then, for dinner, I had a glass of chardonnay with about a half-cup of oven-roasted cauliflower and a few buffalo wings made from the Perfect Health Diet recipe.  Coffee with coconut milk, a handful of macadamias, and a square of 70% chocolate comprised the rest of my intake.   I woke up this morning with a touch of intestinal gas and bloating, and not only was my bad knee a bit achey, but so was my right shoulder.  Stretching and flexing also revealed a bit of all-over discomfort.

I hope that wasn't too much information, but this blog is all about what diet can do to a 56-year-old body....

The bacon and eggs were found not-guilty a month ago, even though the diet police consider that keeping an eye on them is worthwhile.  The cauliflower is probably completely responsible for the GI issues, even though i still suspect i have a fructose-absorption complication (but 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice sipped while eating the BES???  no way can i imagine that to be significant).  This leaves the wings and the chardonnay....

I had a few of the wings the day before yesterday, when they were fresh out of the oven.  Now, bear in mind the minute quantity of rice flour and rice syrup in them -- five pounds of raw wings were tossed with 1/4 cup of rice flour and there was a lot of this left in the shaking-bag, AND one tablespoon of rice syrup was in the sauce that was tossed with the finished wings.  I ate about a cupful of rice the night we went out for Mexican food in Houston, and had no perceptible problem with it.  Also, several months ago (after i determined that oatmeal bothered my knees) i ate quite a bit of rice without feeling it.  Rice flour/syrup also found not guilty!

Boxed chardonnay -- as Sherlock Holmes said, when you eliminate all the suspects who could not be guilty, whoever is left (however unlikely) HAS to be "it."  You are now to be incarcerated in the basement refrigerator unless there's a darned good reason to let you go free.  I'm going to get "clean" again, and then try some red wine -- but i have a strong suspicion i'll have a reaction to that, too.  ...Maybe i should try potato vodka next, instead...?

I LOVE the Personal Paleo code for how it makes it so simple to figure out what impacts one negatively!  Since the first week, my weight loss hasn't been very impressive, but i feel that i'm learning some important things, and that may be far more significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment