Thursday, March 14, 2013

yuk

It's taking me longer this time to start hitting on all eight again -- don't know if i should blame the Mercury Retrograde or what!  ;-)  I had a little fructose yesterday, and really felt like crap last night.  A few fork-fulls of cooked carrots and onions and tomatoes throughout the week.  Not much alcohol, but what i had seemed to sit wrong.  Is it a trace of that cold bug lingering without real cold-like symptoms?  Damned if i know, but it's been a real inconvenience.

Thinking about it, i notice i've added in a few things that i was getting along well without, so the tough-self-love needs to come back!  I find that splenda-sweetened soda is giving me a sense of malaise these days if i drink it on an empty stomach -- gotta go back to making my own kefir-soda and drinking iced coffee and tea!  I've been using conventional toothpaste, antiperspirant and shampoo again, and now i'm wondering if that's a good idea after all.  SO MANY PRODUCTS in our lives -- so now that my sense of well-being is not as good as it has been at various points over the last year, i'm ready for some more limitation.

I delayed my departure for the weekend till tomorrow morning, which has given me a little more time to start feeling myself again.  I used the opportunity to get together some innocent food for the road ... and for when the group meals are inappropriate.  My insider info is that tomorrow night it's corned beef and cabbage in honor of St. Paddy's day, and saturday night's dinner is always steak -- so far so good.  One breakfast is always eggs but i can't depend on the cooks not to add milk -- JEEEEEZ, how i hate milk in scrambled eggs!  :-P  The other morning can feature pancakes or french toast;  needless to say, i don't usually join the crowd for breakfast!  Lunch on saturday isn't predictable, and on sunday it isn't provided, so i count on feeding myself as necessary -- we all know how being prepared can save us from making some uncomfortable mistakes through desperation!  :-)

So i'll be OFF early in the morning -- don't have TOO much fun in the blogosphere without me, please!

5 comments:

  1. I used simple baking soda as toothpaste, also as "no poo". It's cheap and gets the job done without breaking the bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've used it before for both purposes. :-) for hair, i prefer Dr. Bronner's soap and a vinegar rinse, but for teeth i'm ready to try it again! old recipes used myrrh and salt in addition -- i'll have to try a variety.... do you prefer to use yours straight?

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better and have a great time Tess! Good for you planning ahead and taking care of yourself. I ate out twice yesterday and though I kept the "known carbs" low...you never really know what's in restaurant food...I've even heard of restaurants marinating steak in sugar before grilling....wha???
    Anyway, feel better-have fun.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Duncan, and welcome here! any friend of Kim's.... ;-)

      Delete
  3. "don't have TOO much fun in the blogosphere without me, please!"

    Fun, we’ve never had so much fun. Check out the new lowcarb Queen of mirth  Carole Sampson.

    http://carbsaner.blogspot.co.uk/

    Kind regards Eddie

    ReplyDelete