Saturday, June 9, 2012

we interrupt our regularly-scheduled rant for this important message

LOL ....

It's been a stressful couple of weeks for me, here in the land of sunshine and humidity.  Even though i've been consuming lots of things i shouldn't (as well as many i thoroughly approve of), i've never strayed in my affection for my IDEAL diet -- lovely fatty ruminants and oily fish.  I keep fruitsandvegetables at arm's-length (figuratively); i KNOW they're less-than-perfect fuels for this vehicle.

As a sort of comfort-reading -- you might consider it "comfort-food for the mind" -- i've been amusing myself by dipping into the archives of Hyperlipid, in order to relax and de-stress.  DAMN, how i love his writings.

...And lookie what i found!  :-D  http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2007/12/fruit-and-vegetables-re-post.html 

I feel better and better all the time, in doing exactly the opposite of what nutritional authorities tell me to!

5 comments:

  1. And then there's the experience of Terry Wahl ....

    (I did find Houston worse than NY or DC. I hated the immediate clammy condensation on my clothes, when walking from my car to a restaurant. OTOH, I went LMAO when I found out that River Oaks' socialites dictated that restaurant air-con temps were reduced by 5 F on Oct 1, so that ladies could wear the new Autumn sweaters from Nieman's. Ah, dear, dead, days.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Hyperlipid's archives are epic. I spent weeks reading the entire blog. Needless to say, it turned my world upside down. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LeonRover, i lived for eleven long years in Lake Jackson, which is about an hour's drive south of here -- nearly went batty! are you familiar with the movie, "The African Queen"? there's a scene in which they tie up the boat and get swarmed by insects ... just like going out to pick up the newspaper in the morning. ;-) worst part, it was a "dry" city, no liquor stores for miles around! [i could write a SERIES of rants....]

    Sidereal, i stayed up way too late reading his material, it was so therapeutic! i think i'm in love.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite awhile back, I wrote a post on "fruit fail" (the point being you can get more vitamins and less sugar on veg than fruit) and another on getting a major acne breakout on krill oil. Certain things in your system are supposed to be oxidised. Loren Cordain talks about this in his book (The Paleo Answer)--that part about going overboard with the supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes -- since i first started Atkins i've preferred veggies over fruits in my diet.... i wish i didn't have the need for supplements, but there are just some things i can't absorb very well, so i'm grateful for them. people with undamaged "vehicles" don't know how lucky they are!

    ReplyDelete