Sunday, January 29, 2012

survived....

I lived through the weekend both literally and figuratively (my living-history characters didn't have anything unpleasant happen to them...).  :-)

One VERY interesting thing leapt out at me during my long drive south -- when i stopped for gas and "essentials" at the 5-hour mark and got out of the car, i had none of the stiffness i usually feel after sitting still so long.  NONE!  Completely amazing!  I used to step out of the car and have to flex myself before hobbling about my business, but not this time.  I moved around with normal agility.  Of all the improvements my paleo diet had made over three weeks, this was a delightful surprise.

Today, however, was a whole 'nother ball of wax.  All the walking, carrying things, and standing around in shoes of the period-correct sort left my legs full of sore muscles.  I also got a bit sleep-deprived, even though fun-deprivation got caught-up-with.  I can happily live with the trade-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment